Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Home

Home
I've been stained by this world
Haunted and oppressed
Run after empty passions
Left only with regrets
I've tried my Tower of Babel
Full of self and pride
Made my plans - etched them in stone
Only to watch them die
I've climbed the hightest mountain
Only to fall off the steepest cliff
Fought my greatest foe
Left feeling beaten and whipped
I've cried my lake of tears
And sung the mourning dove's song
I've tried everything and given up
Why has it taken this long?
Yet again I've strayed
But He's brought me back to Him
He wept while watching me struggle
Refusing to give in
I don't understand love like this
It's the farthest thing from my own
Like a father bearing his children's blows
Such mercy and grace unknown
In spite of these battles I incessantly lose
My gaze is fixed firmly ahead
And even though my failures exceed my successes
I know that soon to my home I'll be lead

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

only amazing people can write poetry like that.
-dan

babyarnie said...

beautiful poetry! it brought tears to my eyes and seems like i've been there before. - (martha)