Sometimes I wish I was one of those people who just aren't very observant. The other day I was observing a friend of mine at a social gathering , and the following words just formed in my mind after I went home and was thinking about her and how she had looked. So even though you are sick of my poetry already - TUFF LUCK!!!
Depression
Lonely in laughter
Happy in pain
Distressed by comfort
Other's sorrow your gain
Tears with smiley faces
Eyes with hollow souls
A heart without a beat
Looking bitter and cold
The songs of life don't cheer you
Your friends stopped long ago
Self-pity is the symptom
Of treatment you forego
Hopelessness the drug you prescribe
The world owes you a living
You ignore the only answer
Death grins as he is winning
A warning my friends
Don't be like this one
Who laughs in the shade
and cries in the sun
Kill off selfish pride
And conquer life's hurts
By building up those
In whom sadness lurks
No weary in good
Or sorrow in strife
Sin's doom is coming
Just stand up and fight
Sunday, March 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."
-- Albert Camus
funny that you mentioned depression. i just came back and found out one of my friends committed suicide over break. he had been depressed but kept it to himself.
" And let us not be weary in well doing; for in due season we shall reap if we faint not" Gal. 6:9
" The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble, He knoweth them that trust in Him." Nahum 1:7
You have too many friends to go it alone- talk to someone!!
Love,
Baby Arnie
Dear Anonymous, I am so sorry to hear that your friend committied suicide! I didn't realize until recently how prevelent it is in our society. I hope you look to God for comfort in this hard time!
I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
-D. H. Lawrence
Joy, I know this poem sounds a bit harsh but I too struggle with depression sometimes. And in addition to Scripture this poem snaps me back into focus.
Mike
joy,i hope you do not take your "observance" for granted.it is a rare gift and one to be cultivated and treasured.i myself have often wished that i was more observant and analytical.i know that the few times that the Lord has seen fit to give me such insight into other's lives and hearts,and given me occasion to use it,it has proven to be a blessing to them and myself.i greatly admire those to whom this comes naturally and regularly.do not hide this gift,it has been given to you for a purpose.it would be a sad circumstance if you were able to see something in someone else that wasn't obvious to the rest of the world,and yet they lost the possibility for comfort,help.or perhaps just sympathy because they were unaware that you could provide such through your observance.
Post a Comment