Easter may be my second favorite holiday after today. Can you guess what is my favorite? - It's Thanksgiving. On both days we get to be thankful, just for different things. And of course there is always tons of good food and hanging out with the friends.
This morning in church was wonderful. I was working with the kids upstairs listening to mom telling them the easter story and asking them questions - there is nothing like a child's perspective. Then downstairs in the second hour, Mr.Manahan relayed the Bible in a short story that emphasized the death, ressurection, and return of Jesus as the hope of our existence. I have never heard the easter story told this way, and it reminded me of the times mom used to read to me (I know I'm silly). If that wasn't enough, the music was wonderful - I think I feel the closet to God when I am worshiping him on Sunday mornings in this way. To be playing with the band and looking out and seeing all the people singing and hearing their voices lifted up to God - how cool!
Well, 'nuff said - I'm off to change into more comfy clothing and to eat myself sick!
Felices Pascuas!
Sunday, March 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
yeah, i pretty much ate myself sick in michigan for the past four days. check this-it was a mission trip to dearborn to work w muslims. lebanese, yemenese, iraqi, americanski, etc. being a missionary = yum.
ddoss
he is risen indeed!
Yoj,
You're all over it! By the way...I ate myself sick in my Sunday clothes, changed into comfy clothes, took a nap, then ate more! Good post.
JOY,
Beautiful post!! I do was inspired by the Sunday service. Seeing all the little children there just made it even better!! He is risen indeed!!
Post a Comment