I'm just a girl who loves horses, hates fights, likes to learn, but doesn't like to be tested, and has the best friends anyone could ask for. I know that the Bible says, "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart" (Galatians 6:9), but I struggle with this! In fact, I have to keep reminding myself that, "No, dear friends, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead..." (Philippians 3:13). Sometimes I wonder how little Annie sang "Tommorrow, tommorrow, I love ya tommorrow..."? And then, sometimes I wonder how the sun can wait so long to break through the night?
Are you confused now? I think we all have our mountain and valley days, but what do ya do with the days that just don't fit on the top or the bottom? The days that you just can't decide how you feel?
Well, hopefully some sleep will sort all this out, I close with the following quote:
"Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807 - 1882)
Tuesday, March 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Joy,
We all have those days. It's a big part of growing. It forces us to chose between growing or standing still. It also forces us to rely on someone other than ourselves. It's funny how we all experience the same things. I know where you are because I have been there myself. There is hope!
"In union there is strength."
--Aesop
Thanks rach! It is always good to know we're not alone :)
Post a Comment