

10) International 3-Day Eventer or Dressage Equestrian
Pros: never having the wind at my back, tackling some serious jumps and piaffe, riding some awesome horses
Cons: dealing with snooty horse people, broken bones and such, riding some stupid horses

9) Graphics (or Multi-Media) Designer
Pros: getting to do something different all the time - constant change, and use of creativity skills
Cons: constant change, strange people, sitting at a computer for most of the day

8) Christian Counselor
Pro: helping people solve their problems, working on a one-on-one basis, directing people to God
Cons: people and their problems, sleepless nights

7)World Journalist/Photgrapher
pros: travel, getting to see things first-hand, better understanding of different cultures and international political situations
cons: poor pay, deadlines, resentment towards americans, jail

6) College Science Professor
pros: love teaching, stay up-to-date on cool science stuff, help more people see how interesting life-sciences are
cons: grading tons of stuff, students with attitudes, long hours

5) Paid Traveler - Mystery Shopper
pros: seeing some cool places, buying neat stuff, being sneeky - undercover work
cons: having to write bad reviews, staying in nasty places

4) Full Time Church-Ministry Employee
pros: getting to work in the church all the time, building strong, workingrelationships
cons: ingraditude, inter-church politics

3) Studio Musician/Composer/Teacher
pros: MUSIC!!!, creative outlet, working with famous people
cons: long crazy hours, dealines, competion

2) Missionary
pros: a life of full-time service to God, cultural immersion, helping people
cons: dependence on others for livelyhood, discouragement, removal from everything that was once 'normal'

1) Doctor (perhaps for poor people in S.A.)
pros: medicine, science, fixing problems, trouble-shooting, making the 'hurt' go away
cons: short life expectancy, hard schooling, no life
10 comments:
Joy,
I think I see a strange confluence of numbers 1 and 2. Why not combine them? As to the disadvantages, just think how much you'll receive when your life is over! When you're standing in heaven before the Lord, and He asks you "Joy, what did you do with the life I gave you?" I hope you have a better answer than "I was a mystery shopper/equestrian rider." Not to say that you can't serve the Lord in either of those roles (please don't misunderstand), but that should never be what your life's about. It should be about Him! I hope your answer to that question can be "Lord, I spent my life in your service, totally dedicated to your glory."
Luke 18:29-30: "And He said to them "Truly I say unto you, there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, who will not receive many times as much at this time and in the age to come, eternal life."
Come join us in Siberia or wherever! Love you - J
J,
I think you misunderstood the intention of this post, let me perhaps clarify for you. I too would like to combine numbers 1 and 2, and it is my hope that someday I will be able to. However, without knowing the future, I know that medical school is a lengthy commitment and that it could be God's will for me to stay right where I am after completion. For this reason, I listed the two separately - simply because of location. Now, let me further clarify by stating that no matter where I am I intend to be a missionary and to serve God to the full extent that I am able! No matter what the pros or cons! There are certain downsides to any situation, but those should not stop a person from God's plan for their life - be that equestrian or missionary...
I only posted these professions as a way to express areas of interest. I know that wherever I am, no matter what the profession, that I will strive to live for and to serve our living God. Missing you both, Joy
You forgot one: Professional Flea Trainer!
Then you could teach them to leave you alone!
See ya, flea girl...
Signed,
Me, Myself & I
How about a professional stay at home mom. Pro: not letting other people raise your children,watching your children grow up, no work or papers and being able to set your own schedule. (plus it's in the Bible) :)
Cons: screaming youngun's, spagetti o's on the walls, snotty noses, pulling your hair out.
Wait a minute- Being a doctor doesn't seem that bad after all!! :)
sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the future and what it holds. don't get me wrong--preparation for the future is important--but sometimes i feel like i'm too focused on what i'm going to do and let today slip through the cracks. we're all on the mission field. today. now. so carpe diem. and live it for His glory.
Dear Me,Myself, and I - I think I'll pass on the flea trainer idea...not one of my top choices :)
As for being a mom, somedays (especially Sundays for some odd reason) I already feel like I am one.
I'm a mom to 7 cats...one of which I can't locate at the moment, 5 horses, 2 dogs, and 4 fish. I think that it is preparing me for life with real children. I hope I don't have to give heartworm pills to my real children. And, I'm pretty sure flea medication is a bad idea too!
I want Hannah to come taste all of our food for us. That might actually be really useful - if she dies of cholera, we would know not to eat any more rabbit stew or whatever.
Hey...How 'bout "Group Attendee"?We missed you tonight!
I second that my friend!!! We miss you. Come be a slacker with all of us.
Post a Comment