Sunday, June 18, 2006

What a Wonderful Father's Day!



Today was a lot of fun - I spent the most of the day spending time with Dad. After eating some really yummy taco salad for lunch, we spent the afternoon shooting the AK-47 (hence the photo) out at the range and refreshing my memory on how to drive stick shift. It didn't phase him a bit when I stalled the truck, he just calmly told me to try again, and by the time we got home I was doing pretty good. It was good just to get away, de-stress, and talk about the upcoming reunion, PA school and moving away, different guns, etc. Basically, I have the best daddy (and mommy too) in the whole world and I'll be happy if I become half of who he is!

16 comments:

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

who's moving away? Do you mean the state PA? get us up to speed, now that your dad knows, we want to know too!

Lydia said...

Yeah, Joy! 'fess up, I'm so out of the loop...

Carroll said...

Joy...you don't need to be shooting on Sundays unless it's to kill a perp. It's the Lord's Day.

Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

Vonks + guns = funny feeling in my stomach (which might even lead to nightmares)

Joy said...

1) Mr.Vince and Lydia - I am refering to Physican Assitant (PA)school... don't worry I still have at least a year left before I go.

2) Rich, FYI Daddy has been shooting guns since he was a little boy - he learned from the very best... the Cubans in Miami ;-) I'm not sure this will ease the queasy feeling in your stomach, but don't forget, we are not sure I am a Vonk.

Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

OK, my revision:

Joy + guns = funny feeling in my stomach (which might even lead to nightmares)

Joy said...

my defense: daddy says i'm a good shot, so I guess you should have a 'funny feeling' in your stomach if you keep calling me 'ice queen'

Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

Nice Christian woman you're turning out to be. Guns. Threats. You'll make a fine wife for Osama...

Lydia said...

Gosh, Joy, I'm buying you a spelling dictionary... Referring to Physician's Assistant ( you spelled "to" right!).

Hey, well, you can't do everything perfect and you can always throw in my face that I never finished college and I can't run, either:)

Joy said...

Sigh... I knew I spelled 'Assistant' wrong, it's not that I don't know how to spell, it's just that I don't typically proof my quickly written comments before I post them. As soon as I posted that I knew someone would catch me...

Lydia said...

Joy, you are just SO much fun!
Who is "Just so you know?" He/She sure knows a lot!

Joy said...

that would be 'tu padre'

Joy said...

no comment

Carroll said...

COME ON! I'm DYING of curiosity too!

Lydia said...

Even us anti-gunners didn't mind the picture...hope nobody got on your case...