
Well, summer's boredom has finally caught up with me. Ok, ok, so I was procrastinating working on my research project. However, this morning I sat down and watched, The Notebook. Let me just say after watching it that I [sheepish face] have now cried over a total of three movies. I'm really getting soft in my old age!
If you haven't seen it, it is truly a beautiful movie. Unfortunately, there is the sadly too typical-of-movies premarital mess, but begrudgingly pushing that aside - the quiet and undeterred love that Noah demonstrates for Allie is just heart wrenching. So yeah, go ahead and tell me that I allowed myself to be 'sappy' or 'emotionally manipulated' for an hour - I'll just nod and let The Notebook speak:



19 comments:
Joy I just don't se you crying during a movie. I wish I could have been there with you. It is a good movie. Did you watch any others I gave you.
Nicholas Sparks books turned to movies are good. Aside from the unfortunate addtion of the premarital mess the books are much better.The Notebook was really good, better than movie in developing characters.Message in a Bottle might be another tear jerker
I cried at The Lakehouse. I cried at Superman Returns. I cried at Pirates of the Carribbean...only those were tears of joy that the movie had finally ended.
There's nothing better than a comfy couch, a duck blanket, and a good tear-jerker!
1) Eric I wish you could have been here too, but you probably wouldn't wanted to see me crying my eyes out. About the others, I watch Alexander - depressing.
2) I think I saw 'Message in a Bottle' a long time ago, does it have Kevin Costner in it?
3) I missed the duck blanket!
I just knew the notebook would be sad. I KNEW IT!!! So, I didn't watch it. Mostly because I heard how it ends. And, I don't need to be in therapy at such a young age.
oh rachael, you should see it! there is nothing like a good cry, and for this movie it's worth it!
TOTALLY worth it!!!! One of the best movies EVER! Rach, you can borrow it if you want. :-)
If I read any more of this drivel I think I shall have to cry. Must be an estrogen thing...
Now when Senator Amidala died after giving birth to Luke and Leia, that was an almost weepy moment. And when Spock died to save the Enterprise in The Wrath of Khan, that was pretty misty-eyed as well. And let's not forget Yoda's heart-wrenching portrayal in Return of the Jedi when...
"crazy man!" (fondly said)
I really don't like Nicholas Sparks movies AT ALL!! My best friend loves him and has met him a few times so she got me to read a couple of his books and I must say that "The Guardian" is more my style. Still a little to much romance but not bad at all. As for crying at movies... I must be one weird female. The only movie I have ever gotten a little misty -eyed at was Schindler's List. Anyone wants to give me some titles of movies that made them cry, I'd like to test myself...
Ok
#1 Legend..when the unicorn dies.
#2 Newsies..when Cowboy comes back.
#3 Neverending story..when the horse dies in the Swamp of Sadness.
#4 Band of brothers..most of it.
#5 The Great Raid..when my husband dies (I was seriously mad at this movie when that happened)
That's all I can think of for now.
Well...lemme think...
Return to Me - when Mulder sits on the floor by the front door and cries himself to sleep
Ghost - don't say it...I know...
Narnia
and I may have cried a little at the end of You've Got Mail...but only the first time I saw it.
Lydia, I rarely cry over movies. I cried over 'Passion' - Mel Gibson's movie, and I know there was one more that I can't remember. It is rare for me to have such a 'weak moment' as I did over The Notebook ;-) However, Schindler's List just makes me made and want to take care of some evil people!!!
and by 'made' i mean 'mad'
do you cry every time your aquarium fish magazine comes?
I think it is funny talking about movies that you cry at. I am laughing while reading these comments. But it is just how you all write. I shouldn't talk because I have cried at acouple of movies myself.
Ok, I have to admit, "Return To Me" is one of the greatest chick flicks of all times and I may have gotten a little emotional over that one. The rest, well I had to laugh... Rachael, you love all my child's favorite movies! She really loves "The Neverending Story" and "Newsies." Hannah, you are CRAZY!!! By the way, did any of you cry at Forrest Gump? I went to see that movie with the boyfriend of the moment and he cried like a baby. I was embarassed...
~"Castaway" when Tom Hanks lost Wilson.
Post a Comment