Well, almost everyone is gone for now, and soon I will be - summertime can you feeling deserted. Luckily, while everyone is away at the beach, I haven't had any time to even think about being lonely. I have been soooo busy: going to the clinic, working at the church, helping out with Carrie, cleaning the house, running, trying to get through my research project, and my most recent ambition - sewing a new slipcover for the nursery couch. This final item has proven to be a lot of fun - enliciting the help of my lovely assistant Rachel, we've had a lot of laughs and good chats. Anyways, I'll post some pictures below. See everyone after I get back!


8 comments:
Ah, I think you missed a part (right next to where your smelly feet are stuffed in - you are going to have the couch professionally cleaned, right?)
yeah you did miss that part did you run out of fabric or something?
Great job Joy...Thank you for all of your hard work..KJ
Joy you did a good job. I don't think your feet smell too bad.
Joy! YEAH!!! That couch really needed something! You are so sweet (and very talented). Now, if you could just make a matching cover for the big chair in there...
um, joy, you were not supposed to put that up. and what's with all those people who think we'd leave a couch looking like that? it's a work in progresssssss. but yup, it's been fun... and after i broke the sewing needle, i think joy did most of the work...
Yes, I forgot to say nicely done! If you do decide to tackle the big chair as Lydia suggests, please remember to leave one arm bare (so it matches the couch - we don't want to have some funky Fung-shui karma on our hands!)
1) you tell 'um rachel!
2) while a slip cover for the big chair would be nice, first of all I bought the fabric for the couch on clearance and there is no more - thus no matching fabric. secondly, if i do any more sewing, it will be for the hospitality room furniture!
3) rich, you aren't suppose to be all into that karma, Fung-shui stuff... so get back to work!
Post a Comment