
Ok, so some of you would have gotten a big laugh out of seeing me barefooted and climbing our pear trees this morning armed with a stick - sorry I do not have a picture of it (^_^)
Mommy and I spent the morning picking, cutting, and cooking pears to can. Summary: after picking 2.5 tubs and spending all morning cutting them up we got a total of eight quarts. Mom asked me if I was excited when we were finally done, I went on auto-pilot and said 'Yes!', but later I rethought that answer...
Can of pears at store ~ $2 vs. Risk of falling and breaking neck, getting 'up close and personal' with wasps and beetles, hitting Mom in the head with falling pears, danger of laughing hysterically while in tree, cutting myself with the paring knife - quality time with my Mom -PRICELESS!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a completely unrelated note, I thought everyone might find this humorous...
[you might have to click on the image to see it larger]
Also, try THIS

Mommy and I spent the morning picking, cutting, and cooking pears to can. Summary: after picking 2.5 tubs and spending all morning cutting them up we got a total of eight quarts. Mom asked me if I was excited when we were finally done, I went on auto-pilot and said 'Yes!', but later I rethought that answer...
Can of pears at store ~ $2 vs. Risk of falling and breaking neck, getting 'up close and personal' with wasps and beetles, hitting Mom in the head with falling pears, danger of laughing hysterically while in tree, cutting myself with the paring knife - quality time with my Mom -PRICELESS!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a completely unrelated note, I thought everyone might find this humorous...
[you might have to click on the image to see it larger]
Also, try THIS

5 comments:
Mama has been messing with pears too. She has a great recipe for a cranberry-pear dish....kinda like baked apples.
Joy,
Did you really take that picture of the pears? It's really good! Not that I doubt your photographic talent or anything, but that's impressive. Well done!
nah! that is not my photo, but that does look pretty much like our kitchen during canning... next time i'll have to take a real photo and wow you ;-)
joy vonk, i'll make a website and post pictures and videos as soon as you show me how to do it...
that's a little hard to do w/ just these blogger comments ;-)
Post a Comment