1 Corinthians 13:12-13 (NLT)
'Now we see things imperfectly as in a poor mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows me now.'

Alright, seriously there are times, worshiping God, when I am so 'pumped' or filled with joy that I just feel like I am going to burst. But even in the midst of these moments, they don't even begin to compare with the JOY I'll know when I see my Savior face-to-face. As much as I can love my life and my wonderful friends, NONE of this comes even a smidgen close to what friendship and everlasting life with God is like. I have to say thoughts like this just kinda hit me dumb.
Anyways, I wanna end this post with a poem by Sarah Flower Adams that I think just about sums it all up. I don't know about y'all, but I can't wait to go and be with my Lord and Savior!
Nearer, my God, to Thee
Sarah Flower Adams
Nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer to Thee!
E'en though it be a cross
That raiseth me:
Still all my song shall be
Nearer, my God! to Thee,
Nearer to Thee.
Though, like the wanderer,
The sun gone down,
Darkness be over me,
My rest a stone;
Yet in my dreams I'd be
Nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer to Thee.
Then let the way appear
Steps unto heaven;
All that Thou sendest me
In mercy given:
Angels to beckon me
Nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer to Thee.
Then with my waking thoughts
Bright with Thy praise,
Out of my stony griefs
Bethel I'll raise;
So by my woes to be
Nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer to Thee.
Or if on joyful wing,
Cleaving the sky,
Sun, moon, and stars forgot,
Upward I fly:
Still all my song shall be,
Nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer to Thee.
1 comment:
P.S. Thanks to Dave, Mer, Carroll, Hannah, John, and Brian for coming out tonight! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did, even if you felt 'old', as Carroll put it :-)
Post a Comment