
Sometimes I mess up. Really, really mess up.
You know that pit in the bottom of your stomach feeling when you know you’ve just done something that will take a lot of work to get out of – or for that matter be impossible to. And there’s the first problem…. My nature to go incognito, behind the scenes to become “Miss-Fix-It-Girl”. I loose sleep and hair, and gain ulcers and forehead wrinkles plotting my “way out”.
The top 3 things I hate about this self-made strategy? (1) That I can’t be honest up front and fix it when the problem arises – cutting the issue in the bud. (2) That I don’t go to God first when I start to find myself cornered, rather I start to fix…. Er, severely mess things up trying to touch-up myself. (3) That I hurt people in this process – I either alienate friends, myself, or lend incorrect impressions.
So you’re probably thinking – “She’s having a terrible day, what's the problem?” Yes, it’s not my best day, but it’s a learning one. I’m learning to step back, think about things before I speak, and to turn to God and very wise godly people for advice. Thank the Lord for Mothers!
Why can’t I learn the easy way?
1 comment:
NIPPING. NIPPING the issue in the bud. Someone needs to catch up on her Andy Griffith episodes... ; )
Post a Comment