
What a long night, so here I am out at the barn with my choking horse from 6:30 ~ 11:45pm, Monday night. This is the vet letting me tube and suction the contents of my horse's esophagus out a 6-foot long tube, and then spitting the contents out onto the ground. For those of you who don't know, horses can't vomit like us, so what goes down can't come up unless you go in and suction it out with tubing.... and that take's lots of repetition, time, and patience.
Anyways, Dandy's doing ok now, but I'm giving him penicillin shots and really monitoring his food - for right now he's getting the equivalent for horses of baby food - yum!
As for me, I spent the remainder of the night writing my physics paper which was due this morning (tues.). Now it's night time again, and I have yet another paper, due tomorrow, that I'm trying to write - being just a little sleep deprived so this is proving to be a challenge!
I'm just thankful that it wasn't anything worse - God is good to me.
4 comments:
Dear Joy,
Ari choked last year and scared me to death. I called the vet in utter panic and he told me to watch her and see if she got it all out by coughing. She was trying to lie down and everything. She eventually was ok but it really is not a fun thing. I'm glad your horse is ok. Let us know if we can help.
Oh, and on a lighter note...Cole got cast against the wall in his stall Monday night. He's such a nerd. I'm glad that I was there to get him up and only suffered a mild panic attack. Aren't horses just the greatest?
Let's see - Up till all hours of the night + suctioning a horse + mouthful of horse vomit = Joy's idea of fun. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense!
Reason #374 why I don't need a horse...
Dandy's lucky to have you!
sounds like you need to convert to dirt bikes, joy. they don't choke. they go where you tell them. they go fast. they're street legal. you don't have to feed them. and they don't bite either.
Post a Comment