
A CHILD'S HYMN
- Charles Dickens -
- Charles Dickens -
Hear my prayer, O heavenly Father,
Ere I lay me down to sleep;
Bid Thy angels, pure and holy,
Round my bed their vigil keep.
My sins are heavy, but Thy mercy
Far outweighs them, every one;
Down before Thy cross I cast them,
Trusting in Thy help alone.
Keep me through this night of peril
Underneath its boundless shade;
Take me to Thy rest, I pray Thee,
When my pilgrimage is made.
None shall measure out Thy patience
By the span of human thought;
None shall bound the tender mercies
Which Thy Holy Son has bought.
Pardon all my past transgressions,
Give me strength for days to come;
Guide and guard me with Thy blessing
Till Thy angels bid me home.
10 comments:
I have always loved those pictures. So innocent looking!
It makes me want a kitty...just not in my bed...
Kitty's in your bed = fleas in your head!!! (just ask mike)
Sorry about the delete...I just thought of something else to say...well, not really. What I said was kind of stupid. So, I'll just ramble for a little while. Joy, I still hope you're comming to my house today. Even though it's 4 degrees outside. I'm ready for some horse teachin'. Well, gotta go.
Carroll,
Trust me on this - you do not want a kitty allowed in your bedroom at all! I have personal experience on this issue.
care to elaborate?
No no. Let Martha tell it. She adds such detail to the story.
Ok so J had worked a 24 hour shift and was very very tired. So he comes home and plops on his bed never to move again (well for about 5 hours.) He doesn't even get in bed clothes or take his socks off. So,, when he finally wakes up to use the facilities just for a moment and then go straight back to bed, he steps in something squishy and slimy (with his socks on). So, moral of the story is be very careful not to shut a kitten up in your room or he will leave a surprise on the floor. :)
Actually, that's a pretty fair and balanced synopsis of what happened. Moral of the story, as Marth mentioned: don't allow kitties in your bedroom (no matter how cute and fuzzy they are!).
Post a Comment