Sunday, April 02, 2006

Walk in the Woods


THE ROAD NOT TAKEN

Robert Frost
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


Ps. 119:35
Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.


11 comments:

Joy said...

Isn't that the truth!

Carroll said...

what a pretty picture! reminds me of that time we were walking in the woods and you threw a fit to go back and get a creepy cow skull that you proceeded to leave on my back steps.

Nikki said...

Yeah, pretty picture and all, but enough with the poetry!! Sorry, I'm really REALLY hatin my Spanish lit class right now. Totally sick of poetry. Hey, Joy, don't you want to write my 4+ page paper on poetry tonight?? ;)

Joy said...

yuck! NO, no, and NO!!! I already went through that class remember? I was that mean student who advised you to take the class ;)

Nikki said...

oh yeah. thanks for that. :P

Goingintoalltheworld said...

Just out of curiosity, does anyone ever take "the road more travelled?" I've heard a bunch of people quote this as their favorite poem, and I've never figured it out. Noone thinks THEY take the path "more travelled," and yet someone must have taken it, or else why would it be more travelled? Why does everyone assume that it must be "those other people" who are taking the road more travelled instead of realizing that they're probably on that road as well?

OK, enough venting already. I just don't get this poem.

Rachael said...

I took the road more travelled to the hospital. Don't take that road. It ends in pain...suffering...then pain pills.

p.s.-I am soooo not an advocate of pain pills. It's better to hurt.

Carroll said...

fear leads to hatred, hatred leads to pain, pain leads to suffering, suffering leads to the dark side....

(anyway...I think that's how it goes. Right Rich?)

Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

Well, since you've decided to call in a professional ;-)

Yoda: "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." [Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, DVD, Chapter 30, 1h:30m:36s]

In the words of THE Sith Lord, you are not a Jedi yet, Carroll. You'll have to remain a Padawan. So sorry...

Carroll said...

Thanks Master Richpo.

Joy said...

dork.