
Have you ever had one of those days where nothing seemed to go right, in fact, everything seemed to go wrong?
I know you all have. My problem is I seem to be having one of those spells but it's lasting a lot longer! Yeah, I could blame it on the car [insert soapbox] - which yes, it left me stranded in downtown Winston-Salem for 5 hrs in 94 degree weather.
Let me just say - if you have never stopping traffic on a busy street, then pushed and steered your car out of a parallel parking spot while going uphill and having half the town stop and stare at you - you should try! (don't you just wish I had pictures) Oh, and did I mention that the first guy who tried to start the car, the construction workers, then the guys who stopped to help me and call their mechanic friend, and then the towing guy all tried to hit on me while I was nasty, sweaty, and FREAKING OUT?!? Really, I just don't understand people! Poor Georgia valiantly stuck with me until the bitter end, when, after finally being quoted a outrageous amount for replacing 'the starter' - lo and behold the car started perfectly after the cables were simply tightened. After all that I wasn't sure whether to start shaking with anger, or to laugh with sheer joy - I chose the latter. That is until that evening when, the starter which was 'perfectly fine' barely started after leaving the church.... RRRrrrrr
Alright, but I did say I 'could' blame it all on the car, but that wouldn't quite cover it all... Did I mention that I am writing this in a room full of computer monitors during 95 degree weather and no AC? Or that I am going through Dandy withdrawal? Or that Brian is leaving tomorrow for the rest of the summer, or that Eric just left for Camp Lejeune? Or that my Anatomy and Physiology test was kinda tough this morning?
Ok, ok. Let me say some nice things - someday I'm sure I will look back on these days and laugh. It is nice having Mommy and Daddy and Carrie back home. Sunday the kids were wonderful and the sermon was great. Memorial Day was perfect - I can't tell you all how much I enjoy just hanging out with the gang! God has given me such wonderful friends, and even more His promise of faithfulness. Also, I should mention that I am looking at the most amazing sunset out my window.
I know you all have. My problem is I seem to be having one of those spells but it's lasting a lot longer! Yeah, I could blame it on the car [insert soapbox] - which yes, it left me stranded in downtown Winston-Salem for 5 hrs in 94 degree weather.
Let me just say - if you have never stopping traffic on a busy street, then pushed and steered your car out of a parallel parking spot while going uphill and having half the town stop and stare at you - you should try! (don't you just wish I had pictures) Oh, and did I mention that the first guy who tried to start the car, the construction workers, then the guys who stopped to help me and call their mechanic friend, and then the towing guy all tried to hit on me while I was nasty, sweaty, and FREAKING OUT?!? Really, I just don't understand people! Poor Georgia valiantly stuck with me until the bitter end, when, after finally being quoted a outrageous amount for replacing 'the starter' - lo and behold the car started perfectly after the cables were simply tightened. After all that I wasn't sure whether to start shaking with anger, or to laugh with sheer joy - I chose the latter. That is until that evening when, the starter which was 'perfectly fine' barely started after leaving the church.... RRRrrrrr
Alright, but I did say I 'could' blame it all on the car, but that wouldn't quite cover it all... Did I mention that I am writing this in a room full of computer monitors during 95 degree weather and no AC? Or that I am going through Dandy withdrawal? Or that Brian is leaving tomorrow for the rest of the summer, or that Eric just left for Camp Lejeune? Or that my Anatomy and Physiology test was kinda tough this morning?
Ok, ok. Let me say some nice things - someday I'm sure I will look back on these days and laugh. It is nice having Mommy and Daddy and Carrie back home. Sunday the kids were wonderful and the sermon was great. Memorial Day was perfect - I can't tell you all how much I enjoy just hanging out with the gang! God has given me such wonderful friends, and even more His promise of faithfulness. Also, I should mention that I am looking at the most amazing sunset out my window.
Sigh... maybe things aren't that bad ;)
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.
Isaiah 26:3,4
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.
Isaiah 26:3,4
10 comments:
Joy,
my heart goes out to you. I am wondering why you drove an unreliable car when Georgia has a better one? Perhaps it is time to look into a newer one.
Good Job looking to the Lord...don't forget that counting our blessings always seems to help get us out of the mire!
Wow, sounds like a "Lydia" kind of day! I promise you'll laugh about it, cause I always do although in the midst I'm usually crying tears of frustration and wailing, "Why me?" I think you handled things well! What were you in Winston Salem for? Rich and I were there all day Saturday for the homeschool conference.
I think that its time for you to get a new car
Poor Joy. John said that he wanted to buy you a new car...
Ok I know that John did not say that.. He may have said " I sure wouldn't mind buying her a .99 Wendy's salad" but I Know that he didn't talk about buying a car. There are not crowbars big enough to pry that wallat that far open. OH AND THAT'S ONE OF MY FAVORITE VERSES. And Monday was great!! Everyone gets along so well and even can take a little ridicule. We'll miss Eric until we see him again. I hope his wounds have healed.
Come ride with me.........the open trails are calling......."here joy...here rachael...i'm calling"....
O.K.,so first of all it was only 3 1/2 hours,you weren't nasty and the only guys that hit on us were Truman and what's-his-name that got the mechanic.And you forgot to mention that in the midst of getting us stranded,your sorry car also managed to get us in the newspaper.Oh,and Lydia,too bad we didn't know you were there earlier,like ON SATURDAY.i told her the same thing about laughing about this sometime down the road.However,i think she needs to try my method of laughing THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH.but then again,it wasn't my car...;)
By the way,we sure look hot in those micro-shorts...
Poor Joy. I remember days like those back when I had my good ol' Camry. A new car is definately the solution. Why the Dandy withdrawals? Where is he?
awww, thanks nikki! Dandy hasn't moved, it's just i can't seem to get out to see him... you know how that goes, and it's so much harder when you don't trust tu carro.
Post a Comment