Monday, June 12, 2006

Horse Show


What a weekend! On Saturday afternoon, Tammy, Rachael, John, and I all piled into the truck and headed for the horse show 3 hrs away in some tiny little town. The horse show was great, we got to see a lot of really good horses, and of course poke fun at the announcer's odd little sayings, such as 'take of your mittens' and 'showmanship is still alive.' The show ran until 12ish that night and we finally made it home around 3:20am after passing the most horrendous wreck on the way home - it involved two cars that looked like smashed balls of tin foil. Anyways, after getting back home, everyone tried to get to bed only to be serenaded by some nice thunderstorms. The next morning after about 4 hrs of sleep we made it to church wide-awake and energetic, saved the world on the way there, and then had no problems whatsoever handling Sunday school kids.... Ok, maybe not quite like that, but we did make it through church. After lunch, it was back to Rachael's to ride. We had a great time, but I don't know who was more tired at the end - I think that award would have to go to Rachael or Cole.
But that was the weekend, I'm sure everyone slept great last night - minus the torrential rain and winds. Seriously, at one point, I thought my room was shaking so bad it was going to fly off the house!

7 comments:

Joy said...

It was exhausting, but fun! I hope everything went well with Lauren - Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

Joy said...

p.s. Oh dear, what did i spell wrong? I know I put 'of' instead of 'off,' but that was a typo.

Elizabeth said...

John must really like to play with Oozey...

Rachael said...

If you look really close you can see me and Joy refelcted in his eyeball. It must mean he has opticalmycetocis. But, I'll leave that to the professionals.

Carroll said...

Baby Oozey is sleeping on her Moo right now...

Elizabeth said...

well at least you where not part of that bad car accident

Lydia said...

Who is Moo? Is that your new nickname for Uncle John? Man, John needs some kids...