
What a fun time! It was really nice having everyone over again this time for Indonesian, Taiwanese, Japanese, and Chinese food + the movie Mulan. I started cooking around 3 that afternoon and by about 6:45 most of the girls had showed up. Everyone grabbed some food and then headed to the living room. After the movie, we talked about ideas for upcoming girl's nites and 'Australian', 'Russian', or just 'Europe' we suggested. Later we headed outside to jump on the trampoline. To get all the girls involved, I taught them 'toe-tagger' - if you don't know what this is, you'll just have to wait and see. It's a lot of fun, but it is one of those things you just have to be there for to appreciate. There was a lot of laughing, squealing, and running around the trampoline to see who could be the next person - I think we 'paused' about every 30 seconds! I wish I had gotten pictures of that :-) Anyways, Carroll and Hannah have said they are hosting the next Girl's Nite at their house for Italian Nite. Sounds like fun!



Alrightly, I'm off to see Eric for the weekend
Thanks for coming everyone - see you soon!
Thanks for coming everyone - see you soon!
9 comments:
Supergirl is hot
Does she have a fever? Or just been out in the sun too long?
Your Asian Nite was a real hit. Lots of excitement for the next one. The Car was jumpin'! Great job, girls! Thanks Joy for hosting, and Carroll and Hannah for offering to do next one.
yeah Both Elizabeth's liked it Elizabeth D. said that she will go to the next one if it is'nt on a school night
I totally hate we missed it. I however, got my punishment by having the plane delayed 1 1/2 hrs and then having to land and take off. Why didn't anyone warn me?????? I'll be there next time!
Give me enough notice so Rich can babysit and I'd love to help at the next one. I LOVE to cook. I can make Tiramisu for Italian night. Or breadsticks...or spaghetti...chicken marsala...gotta go, I'm hungry.
What is Tiramisu
I say go with the Russian nite idea for the one after Italian. B has some nifty new ideas for recipes, and they're really tasty.
Oh, and Marth - did someone really need to warn you that the plane would, at some point, take off and land? Oh, and I hate to break it to you, but planes are delayed approximately 98% of the time. The worst is when they let you board the plane, then they taxi to some piece of runway, and THEN tell you it's delayed. Then you're trapped aboard an overheating steel tube for an hour with no reading material (unless you count the "this is what to do if we hit a freaking mountain" instructions).
Tiramisu is an italian dessert. It's cake and ladyfingers and layers of coffee liqueur ( I can make a non-alcoholic version) with a whipped heavy cream. Yum!
Post a Comment