Friday, July 14, 2006

Reunion

Ok, ok, ok - So I'm finally posting!
About a week and a half ago was my Mom's family's big Biannual Reunion at my Grandmother's home in MI. Let me just start by saying that it is one of the, if not THE most peaceful and quiet places I know. To get to her house you have to drive down a long dirt road, and then turn into her very long dirt driveway - as you make your way up the driveway you pass soybean fields before entering a small wooded area. As soon as you emerge, to your right you can see her house sitting above a gently sloping hill. If you look to the left, you'll see my Uncle's farm - or what was previously my G'ma and G'pa's dairy farm. I know I'm silly, but every year arriving there and going up the driveway reminds me of that part in Pride and Prejudice when Elizabeth sees Pemberly for the first time. It's a wonderful way to start a really fun time!




My Grandfather helped build this house and he did some of the
stone work after the family name - Koester




(side of the house)


(The view from the back of the house)




A view down the driveway of my Uncle's Farm


One of our projects was leveling a small hill in Gma's yard


This is a VERY fun-loving and athletic family


My very favorite flowers in the whole world - Sweet Peas


G'ma + Bill + Black Gracie (a male cat - don't ask)


My Cousin Josh who wasn't there this year


G'ma playing organ @ church - I used to love to lay on the floor
and watch her feet as she played when I was little




My cousin Jeremiah proposed to his GF Kendra during the Reunion - She said 'yes' of course!


It was my Aunt Cassie (the marathon runner) and my Uncle Bill's 25th Anniversary


The Sister's in their old bridesmaid dresses


'The Gang'

Whew - Ok, what a long post... I'm ready to go take a nap!

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

wow! looks like you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

Ah, so rich is your heritage! Great pictures and looks like Carrie is ready to take you all on in trampoline jumping contest!

Lydia said...

What fun! Big families are the best (if you all get along).

Carroll said...

our family only has one poodle...maybe that's the problem...

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Joy;man,i wish i had calves like your G'ma...:)and whose wedding did "the sisters" wear those gowns to?It obviously wasn't anyone in this generation...props to them for still being able to get them on!

Nikki said...

'bout time you posted, Joy! I wanna go to your reunion next year, that looks like fun. And I love the shot of the 2 on the boat. Hey, Mary Marshall is gonna be at Topsail all next week...how bout we ride down there next weekend?

Joy said...

(1) It was a GREAT time, we all get along really well
(2)everyone needs to take their dogs (and at least 2 poodles), cats, and pets to reunions!
(3)Carrie could win any trampoline contest
(4) who is ANONYMOUS?
(5) Nikki, ohhh! the beach sounds good - let me shoot you an email about that one.

Anonymous said...

oops,sorry,that would be me.;)(anonymous)

babyarnie said...

I want to live on that farm!!

Rachael said...

When I grow up I want to live there. Joy, you can come and visit sometimes too.