Sunday, November 26, 2006

There and Back Again...



Well, the Koesters just left, I hate saying goodbyes - especially after we had such a wonderful time. We ate, and ate, and ate.... played volleyball, soccer, football, x-box, pinochle, 20-20, charades, went running, and just sat around talking a lot. I love my family! It's too bad they live so far away (they'd say the same about us).


However, there are some things I learned this Thanksgiving:
(1) There are not many things to be thankful for that begin with a 'Z'

(2) Northerners too LOVE Ron's Barn

(3) Halo can be played for 3 days straight... until someone hides the controllers

(4) It doesn't matter if your full, eating candy corn just 'fills in the cracks'

(5) Daily Wal-mart runs are essential when trying to entertain company

(6) Brian does a fabulous impersonation of a crocodile

(7) Purple Koolaid tastes like SweetTarts

(8) Don't play cards with Mom, it's always 'your fault' when she loses

(9) You can wash 46 glass cups for each meal when only 9 people are eating

(10) Thanksgiving is still my favorite holiday and I am blessed with so much (^_^)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joy already knew number eight, she did not learn it this thanksgiving. Brian also likes to act like a girl.

Anonymous said...

he he he...so Halo is your game. Ours is Medal of Honor - 4 player. Our parents just can't understand how we wait most of the year to be together, then spend the few days we have parked in front of the TV. Cousins are the best!

Lydia said...

One of your best posts yet. I LOVE Thanksgiving. And having lots of family is the BEST!!! We play board games but I'm sure someone will bring up video games next...

Joy said...

actually, i just mentioned halo because that's what a lot of the guys were playing. Trust me, I didn't touch the stuff... mindless brainwashing ridiculousness :-P

Anonymous said...

must...shoot...nazis...