Since I didn't actually watch Kerry's speech, I can only hope Bush didn't take anything out of context. I know how politicians can be:) As it is- it REALLY bugs me when people think the men and women in service can actually choose where to go and what to do. Once you join up, you are at the mercy of the higher ups unless you decide to do something ILLEGAL (AWOL). EVEN IF you don't agree with the whole war thing (I mean who REALLY enjoys all the fighting?) you can still be an American and support our troops who HAVE to do their jobs while we get to sit at home and watch movies, eat big yummy meals, go shopping,sleep in...I think the people who don't support our armed forces are the ignorant ones!
No man is perfect (obviously) but Bush was right in his condemnation of Kerry's stupid and thoughtless remarks. The majority of Democrats are even asking Kerry to shut up and go bury himself in a hole for a while to avoid further embarassment. But I guess it should come as no surprise as to the levels people will stoop in the media and/or political circles to try and gain an edge (even though Kerry's efforts backfired).
Even worse, some of the liberal media are now saying that Bush is enflaming the issue by asking for Kerry's apology. I can only imagine what would have happened if Bush had made such a stupid remark. We would have never heard the end of it and Congress would likely have passed a law sometime in the future after Bush dies declaring that his remarks be engraved on his tombstone to make sure the world never forgot what he said. Typical double-standard.
Oh, yeah. Be sure to check out this link for a response to Kerry's comment: photo. Bravo, men and women of our Armed Forces! There are those of us who pray for your safety and applaud your service to our country. Thank you!
One day (hopefully today) J. Kerry will figure out that he CAN NOT tell a joke. Like who would have gotten that one? Bush would probably have gotten in trouble for not asking for an apology too. Ah, Politics..like a breath of _____ air!(fill in the blank)
No, dear friends, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead... Philippians 3:13
When you are old and gray and full of sleep, and nodding by the fire, take down this book and slowly read, and dream of the soft look your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep. Willam Butler Yeats
5 comments:
Since I didn't actually watch Kerry's speech, I can only hope Bush didn't take anything out of context. I know how politicians can be:) As it is- it REALLY bugs me when people think the men and women in service can actually choose where to go and what to do. Once you join up, you are at the mercy of the higher ups unless you decide to do something ILLEGAL (AWOL). EVEN IF you don't agree with the whole war thing (I mean who REALLY enjoys all the fighting?) you can still be an American and support our troops who HAVE to do their jobs while we get to sit at home and watch movies, eat big yummy meals, go shopping,sleep in...I think the people who don't support our armed forces are the ignorant ones!
No man is perfect (obviously) but Bush was right in his condemnation of Kerry's stupid and thoughtless remarks. The majority of Democrats are even asking Kerry to shut up and go bury himself in a hole for a while to avoid further embarassment. But I guess it should come as no surprise as to the levels people will stoop in the media and/or political circles to try and gain an edge (even though Kerry's efforts backfired).
Even worse, some of the liberal media are now saying that Bush is enflaming the issue by asking for Kerry's apology. I can only imagine what would have happened if Bush had made such a stupid remark. We would have never heard the end of it and Congress would likely have passed a law sometime in the future after Bush dies declaring that his remarks be engraved on his tombstone to make sure the world never forgot what he said. Typical double-standard.
Oh, yeah. Be sure to check out this link for a response to Kerry's comment:
photo. Bravo, men and women of our Armed Forces! There are those of us who pray for your safety and applaud your service to our country. Thank you!
That photo is hilarious, Rich- LOVED IT! How come the Wells' are the only ones getting on the soapbox for this blog post?
I don't know lydia! However, the photo is fabulous!
One day (hopefully today) J. Kerry will figure out that he CAN NOT tell a joke. Like who would have gotten that one? Bush would probably have gotten in trouble for not asking for an apology too. Ah, Politics..like a breath of _____ air!(fill in the blank)
Post a Comment