Tuesday B. (the roomie) and I visited the M of NS during the special afternoon time that they open their main exhibits for free to the public. It was wonderful!


The first exhibit we saw was on gems and jewels, and I can honestly say I have never been so close to so many valuable items in my life! They had a large range of gems/jewels some more contemporary and some ranging all the way back (or before) to Queen Catherine the Great of Russia.
We also looked at a really neat Chemistry exhibit with a facsinating periodic table that contained not only most of the elements in their purified forms, but also an example of a daily product they would be used in. Pretty neat!
Then, we visited a Paleontology, Texas Wildlife, African Wildlife, The Americas, Pendulum, Egypt, and walked by the Malacology exhibit. Finally, we headed out of the museum and took a stroll around the nearby park and Japenese Gardens (as Lyds would say, BEA-U-TI-FUL!!!) before heading back.
OK, now does anyone want to come visit me???
6 comments:
I do, I do! (just let me get this house finished and paid for, then I'll have some travelin' money again...)
PS: We missed you as we decorated the church last night...
yeah, you are a nerd!
spoken by the person that knows pi to the 6th place...
BEE-YOO-TI-FUL!!! Now ya gotta go to the Museum of NS in Washinton DC to see the Hope Diamond. The gems exhibit was my favorite of course:)
Any Star Wars exhibits? If there are then I'll come for a (very short) visit. Otherwise...
Yes I'm coming as soon as you convince my mom to let both her daughters and her grandson on a plane.
Post a Comment