Thursday, September 20, 2007

In Disgust of Twiggy Trees



I miss TREES! Not the silly twiggy trees here in the plateau, but big strong trees - the ones you can wrap your arms around and not have your hands touch. I can't explain why, but God just made me with an inheirant love of trees, leaves, fall, forests, the whole bit! There is something soulful and absolutely comforting about them. I always thought it was perfectly lovely that hobbits lived in trees, maybe that is part of the stigma I have of them as wise, almost patriarch figures. Sigh... maybe I'm just going on and on because I miss home. The trees in the picture are from my front yard.

8 comments:

Lydia said...

It is perfectly lovely that sprites and elves and all those type creatures are woodland folks, but don't Hobbits live in hills? I bet Texas is SO different from NC, though. What other ways?

babyarnie said...

Well Joy, I hate to be the first to tell you this but there are NO trees left in FV. The big tornado a few weeks ago in the Walmart parking lot took them all. No I'm not joking. There are pictures to prove it! Sorry to break the news. Oh and only a few more weeks!

Anonymous said...

aha! Joy is a tree hugger!Martha is exaggerating there are some tree left!

Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

Yes, hobbits live underground, typically in burrows dug into the sides of hills. I don't know what Joy is sniffing down there (probably too much formaldehyde or other odors coming from dead things) but she better review some Tolkien before equating herself with the hobbit race (more than likely she got confused about the similarities of hairy feet).

azulalegria said...

Hobbits aside... to answer lydia's question, things down here are hot just like in NC, very flat (the 'hill country' is still fairly flat), and Houston for having such a large population really doesn't feel that big at all. There is a lot of poverty intermixed with ritzy living, but I'd guess you'd find that anywhere. The hospitals here are nationally ranked, but the health disparities are disheartening. Oh, and there are lots of great places to eat, but there is a lot more emphasis on "meat" than I'd prefer :-)

Carroll said...

mmmm.....meat....

Lydia said...

mmm...meat...

Elizabeth said...

eww...meat...