So sorry it has been so long since my last post. I guess I am trying to get you all used to what inevitably will ensue over the next few months until Christmas.
Since writing, I have finished 17 final exams, flown to D.C. for some meetings, had a wonderful time with Brian down here thus far, and stood in awe at my own White Coat Ceremony unable to believe that I wasn't dreaming.... Which judging from my delirous state, might have been closer to the truth.
My trip to D.C. was for one of the national board meetings I have to attend. The meeting was wonderful, but getting there was a completely different story! Basically we were suppose to arrive Wed. night, but instead ended up staying up all night just trying to get on a plane to arrive in D.C. on Thurs. morning. Some long line waits, over 2 hours on hold, a crazy shuttle ride, losing my cell phone, and a grungy hotel later we finally got in more exhausted than we had been during finals week.
White Coat was wonderful! I was very nervous and a little fatigued the whole time, but it was so so good to get to talk to my classmates, review the past year, and just enjoy a celebration of a hard year done.

Since Brian has been here we have done a lot of fun stuff. While I was in D.C. he bought me fish and set up my fish tank for me - something I had wanted to do for a while. He also cleaned my microwave out - what a great brother! Friday we went to the ceremony and then headed home for a relaxing night just chatting and catching up. Sat was cell phone hunting (will get a new one Mon.) and grocery shopping in the morning. The afternoon we spent at a church picnic where Brian made a new friend, the husband of my good friend Joy. We enjoyed playing frisbee, bachi ball, feeding ducks, turtles, and a muskrat, and enjoying excellent conversation. Today Brian was a trooper and got up at 6am to hang out with the church band as we practiced and played for the standard three services. After church a group of us headed to a famous BBQ place and had some great grub. We were tired and headed to the pool after that, and are now enjoying a movie after stuffing our faces for dinner. I told him we are running tomorrow :-)
Anyways, I know this is longwinded, but I had a lot to tell you and I'm sure I'm leaving a lot off. Love you all!!!
7 comments:
Oh Joy your pic of you in your hard earned white coat made me cry!! I'm not kidding, I'm crying right now. I could not be prouder of you. And yes, Brian is a great brother. We miss you dearly (not to mention your parents) but don't think we'll let you move as easy as we let them. Call me sometime!! Love you!
great pics and looks like great times. sorry about the cell phone, but I am sure that you will find a nice one. It's a bummer to loose all that info though. I have to ask:Why were you at the podium? I think you are going to be a most wonderful PA!Keep it up Joy, and have fun with Brian!
Congratulations Joy!! Love the picture of you and Brian with you in your white coat. You are going to make and awesome PA. We miss you and are very proud of you.
Love,
Kathy J.
I will answer for the ever modest Joy. It's b/c she's the PRESIDENT of the whole class. Of course she is, we would expect nothing less from that over achiever ;)
Martha, why does Joy have 2 pins on her lapel of her white coat?
I actually have 4 pins now. One is the name badge, one is my PA pin, and the other two are for AAPA and SAAAPA the national PA and respective student PA organizations.
Congratulations, Joy!! I'm so happy for you. Are you staying in Texas, or what are your plans now? Catch me up!!
Oh, and I can't view your other blog...what's goin on with it?
Post a Comment